from "the noshery" - http://thenoshery.com/2010/11/19/asopao-de-camarones/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour 1 cup of rice into a bowl and cover with 2 inches of water. Set it aside to soak for 1 hour.
- 2In a large pot heat 1 tbs of olive oil, add 6 cubes (or Tbs) of sofrito, cook for about 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of diced tomato, 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, 1 tsp of capers and 8 pimento stuffed olives, stir till well combined and bring to a simmer. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3Add 4 cups of clam juice. Bring the stock to a boil and add shrimp.
- 4Drain the rice, add to the pot and stir. Set to a medium heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook until the rice is tender and it has a gumbo like consistency. If you want it thicker, lower the heat, cover and cook to desired consistency. If you want it thinner, add water 1/4 cup at a time.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asopao De Camarones
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 769.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: