Recipe by Karen in MA
from Sam the Cooking Guy. Because the scallops need to be seared, he recommends NOT using a non-stick pan.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb large scallop
- peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except scallops in a glass or ceramic shallow bowl.
- Mix well and add scallops.
- Marinate 5 minutes each side at room temperature. If you marinate scallops too long, they'll get mushy.
- Transfer scallops to a plate and reserve marinade.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large saute pan over high heat until hot and almost smoking.
- Add scallops (cook in batches if necessary to keep from being too crowded) and saute quickly until seared brown and just cooked through - about 2 minutes a side.
- Remove from pan.
- Add marinade to pan and boil until reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle scallops with sauce.