Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (fresh or bottled)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 8 teaspoons no sugar added plum fruit spread
- Spray a large skillet with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat, saute and stir chicken for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes and saute and stir occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce and stir to combine (if too thick, add 2 tablespoons water).
- Add cole slaw mix and green onions; saute and stir for 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and cabbage is crisp-tender.
- On each tortilla, spread 2 teaspoons of fruit spread.
- Spoon chicken mixture down the center of the tortillas.
- Roll up and enjoy.
The moment I saw this recipe I knew I would love it; and I was not disappointed. It is super simple to prepare and packs a lot of dynamic flavors in one small package. I did not have any Teriyaki sauce, so I substituted Hoisin sauce and then didn't use the plum fruit spread, as it was sweet enough. Whole wheat flour tortillas work great and were my wrap of choice. I'll be spreading this recipe around to my family.
I also knew as soon as I read the ingredients, that this was going to be a winner. I was right. The garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes provide a dynamic and lively flavor. I would describe the overall taste as sweet and tangy. I wouldn't change a thing. A very easy recipe, too. Thanks Nurse Di.
Wasn't as great as I had hoped. The chicken was really tasty, but the rest of the wrap needed some work.