Recipe by DangerBun
This is simple to throw together, light and tangy. I often vary the ingredients, using honey or orange juice instead of sugar, adding wasabi powder -- whatever I'm in the mood for. The joy of cooking is being creative! If you wish to substitute the oil, use a bland vegetable oil, extra virgin olive oil or "light" olive oil. Regular olive oil is too strong for this recipe.
Top Review by LillyZackMom
I didn't add the scallions or sesame seeds at the end, and I used 1/2t of dried ginger, but this was YUMMY! Served over a salad of field greens, chicken tenderloins, avocado, and mandarin oranges.
- 44.37 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml soy sauce, pref. low-sodium
- 14.79 ml ginger, fresh grated
- 2.46 ml garlic, fresh minced
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 118.29 ml peanut oil or 118.29 ml grapeseed oil
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 14.79 ml scallion, chopped (green onions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
- If using a bowl: SLOWLY drizzle in the sesame and peanut oil, whisking constantly so that the dressing will emulsify.
- If using a food processor, leave it running while you drizzle in the oil.
- When dressing is well combined, add sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within a week.