1/2 Photos of Asian Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
This is simple to throw together, light and tangy. I often vary the ingredients, using honey or orange juice instead of sugar, adding wasabi powder -- whatever I'm in the mood for. The joy of cooking is being creative! If you wish to substitute the oil, use a bland vegetable oil, extra virgin olive oil or "light" olive oil. Regular olive oil is too strong for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, pref. low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, fresh minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanut oil or 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped (green onions)
- 1Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
- 2If using a bowl: SLOWLY drizzle in the sesame and peanut oil, whisking constantly so that the dressing will emulsify.
- 3If using a food processor, leave it running while you drizzle in the oil.
- 4When dressing is well combined, add sesame seeds and scallions.
- 5Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within a week.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 503.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar