This is simple to throw together, light and tangy. I often vary the ingredients, using honey or orange juice instead of sugar, adding wasabi powder -- whatever I'm in the mood for. The joy of cooking is being creative! If you wish to substitute the oil, use a bland vegetable oil, extra virgin olive oil or "light" olive oil. Regular olive oil is too strong for this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, pref. low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, fresh minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil or 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped (green onions)
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
- If using a bowl: SLOWLY drizzle in the sesame and peanut oil, whisking constantly so that the dressing will emulsify.
- If using a food processor, leave it running while you drizzle in the oil.
- When dressing is well combined, add sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within a week.