Recipe by Mercy
Water chestnuts, snow peas and/ or bamboo shoots would be delicious additions. Add a pinch of sugar to the rice vinegar for a sweet and sour salad.
- 8 ounces vermicelli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces pork loin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 4 stalks celery, julienned
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim pork loin of fat, pound flat and slice into thin strips.
- Break the vermicelli into 2" threads and drop into 3 quarts boiling water with 1-1/2 teaspoons salt; cook until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir fry the pork strips in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly to keep it from burning.
- Add the carrots and the celery and stir fry for 2 minutes more.
- Drain the pasta and toss it in a large bowl with the pork mixture.
- Drizzle the sesame oil over the pasta , then sprinkle with the 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and Tabasco and toss thoroughly.
- Pour the vinegar and sherry over the salad and toss again.
- Serve the salad at room temperature or chilled.