- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (tops only)
- 1 can water chestnut, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds or 1⁄2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to taste or desired heat)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions (al dente). Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add diced vegetables.
- In a saucepan on the stove add the oil, red pepper flakes and garlic, saute about one minute.
- Add the soy sauce and honey and bring to a low boil for about one minute.
- Pour dressing over pasta/vegetables and toss to coat.
- Toss a couple of more times before serving.
- After final toss before serving sprinkle the top with sesame seeds or crushed peanuts.