Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very simply prepared and wonderful tasting main dish with a very impressive presentation.
Make and share this Asian Venison Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the venison into 1” wide 3” long strips across the grain. Divide into two equal portions and place in two plastic bags. Marinate one in the Chile Sauce and the other in a mixture of the Teriyaki and Oyster Sauces. Be sure all surface of the meat comes into contact with the marinade. Leave in the refrigerator over night.
- When ready to cook, par-boil the unpeeled onions for a couple of minutes then cut off both ends and pop the inner onion free of its skin.
- Gently peel the lemon grass stems to the smallest diameter that is still stiff. This will usually leave two to three leaves still intact.
- Cut the peppers into bite size strips.
- With a metal skewer, punch a hole through the onions from end to end. The center will probably pop out. Save it and add to the grill later. Do the same with the peppers and meat doubled over.
- Keeping the two portions of meat separate, alternately skewer the meat, onions, and peppers onto the lemon grass. This is a fairly delicate operation so be careful.
- Place diagonally on a preheated and lightly oiled ribbed grill pan and sear to desired doneness. Let the leaves lay off the edge of the gril.