Recipe by Ashley U
Quick stir fry.
Top Review by AlwaysHungry
This is a great recipe! I modified it a bit to suit our taste, omitting the snow peas, mushrooms, and eggplant. I also add one chicken breast. I cut it into thin strips, marinated in teriyaki for 30 minutes, and added in step 5. Since I had leftover coconut milk, I went ahead and doubled the sauce--a good idea since it's so delicious. I would guess that if you're serving over rice, this would be more like 4 servings. Adding the chicken breast maybe even 6.
- 8 small broccoli florets
- 8 small cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 pieces canned baby corn, drained
- 8 snow peas, string removed
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, steamed, caps sliced
- 1 small Chinese eggplants or 1 small Japanese eggplant, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 baked teriyaki-seasoned tofu, 2-inch square cut into 1x1/2x1/4-inch pieces
- 1 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch broccoli and cauliflower in pot of boiling salted water for 1 minute.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, corn, snow peas, mushroom and eggplant.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are almost tender, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Mix in coconut milk, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Add tofu, bok choy and green onion.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are just tender and coated with sauce for about 2 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Transfer vegetables to large bowl and serve immediately.