Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Found as part of another recipe on Food Network. Posting for safe keeping.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 carrot, trimmed, peeled and julienned
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and julienned
- 1 cup bok choy or 1 cup other cabbage, shredded
- 1 seedless cucumber, washed, trimmed and julienned
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut oil and rice wine vinegar.
- Add the lime and lemon juices and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the soy sauce, mirin, sake, nam pla and sriracha.
- When well combined, stir in the sugar and garlic. Set aside.
- Place the carrot and the leek in boiling salted water for 30 seconds to set the color.
- Immediately drain and refresh under cold running water until well chilled. Pat dry.
- Place the blanched carrot and leek in a mixing bowl along with the bok choy and cucumber.
- Add the reserved sauce and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.