Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
These tasty bundles are super low in calories, fat and carbs and super high in flavor. Small lettuce leaves are filled with grated cucumber and carrots, yellow bell pepper and green onions then dipped in a yummy soy-lime dipping sauce. From the 100 Calories Snacks & More cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup sliced yellow bell pepper (1 inch long)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 18 small lettuce leaves
- sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, honey, ginger, oil and red pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Combine cucumber, carrot, bell pepper and green onion in medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce mixture.
- Place about 1 tablespoon vegetable mixture on each lettuce leaf. Roll up leaves; sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.