Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This vegetable pasta salad recipe is quick and easy. It can be adapted based on the vegetables you have on hand. Vegetables can be cooked or fresh, so if you’re into raw food, this recipe is perfect. This is a great way to hide all the not-so-popular vegetables in your cupboard because the sauce is so good that every vegetables will taste great.
- 1 tablespoon untoasted sesame oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 200 g brown rice pasta
- 1 teaspoon hijiki seaweed, soaked in water, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cashews, chopped (garnish)
- Heat a small saucepan to medium, and add the oils, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir and don’t let the oil get too hot. Once the garlic is cooked, stir in the vinegar, tamari, water and maple syrup. Turn the heat down to medium-low, and stir occasionally while you prepare the vegetables.
- The next part of this pasta salad is to sprinkle some sea salt on the broccoli and mushrooms in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid. Add some tamari if you like for flavor, put the lid on the bowl and shake for a few minutes, until the vegetables start to wilt. Let them marinate while you chop the tomato, green onion and optional cashews.
- Cook the noodles, drain, and set aside to dry. Place the vegetables in a large bowl and pour the sauce over them and toss. Add the noodles and optional wakame and toss again. Garnish with roasted, chopped cashews.
This is wonderful! I used rice noodles as my son and daughter are coeliac, otherwise made it just as is. It was well received, even by my grandson, five. Thanks HV.