Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low carb and delicious lunch. Great rolled up with cheese in a leaf of romaine.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vietnamese chili paste with garlic
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashews
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- In a skillet, cook chicken in oil with chili/garlic paste over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (6-7 minutes on each side).
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, teriyaki sauce, and lemon juice to make the dressing.
- Drain chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix chicken, nuts, and vegetables into dressing.
This recipe did not work for me as written. The lemon flavor overwhelmed the other flavors and the sauce was far too runny. Maybe less lemon, and the basting-type teriyaki (I used traditional, which is also runny). I did like the touch of cooking the chicken with the chili garlic sauce - it added just the right amount of that flavor.