Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's turkey leftover time- this will help you feel healthy the next day
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded basil or 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chili
- To make dressing put ingredients in a blender, process until smooth.
- Put all salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss with dressing serve.
This was a fabulous lunch today! Very light and refreshing. Used leftover chicken instead of turkey and more like 1/2 cup of peanuts (1 tblsp? - not in MY family). The dressing was wonderful with just the right amount of salt, sweet, spice, and I look foward to having this again.
LOVED this one! Used rotisserie chicken as I didn't have turkey and, like Evelyn, upped the ante on the peanuts. Went light on the dressing application, then stuffed in a pita bread for a delicious lunch.