Easy to make salad with a fresh flavor. The dressing is also very easy to make with basic ingredients.
- 2 cups lettuce (torn)
- 2 slices deli turkey (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange (drained, reserve juice)
- 0.25 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (broken in small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon mandarin orange juice
- Toss all salad ingredients except ramen noodles.
- Mix all dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Add broken ramen noodles and enjoy.
Made as written. The ramen noodles detracted from my enjoyment of this nice change of pace. I think either green onion fans or radish roses would add a good counterpoint to the mandarin oranges. Pretzel sticks seem like a good crunchy substitute for the ramen noodles. Made for 1-2-3 Hits tag.
This salad was excellent..... I loved the flavor of the dressing and will be using it on many salads in the future.... I took the other reviewers advice and used chow mein noodles instead of ramen...The sweetness of the oranges and the crispness of the lettuce and cucumbers make a great combination.... This was really good and hit the spot on a hot summer day.....
I have been on an Asian salad kick recently and this one tops them all. The only thing I didn't care about were the ramen. I'll find something else to sub next time. Maybe some sliced almonds or chow mein noodles. The rest of the salad was great and the dressing really hit the spot. Thanks for posting.