Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Courtesy of Everday Food Magazine Nov 2010. These little meatballs were a great quick meal. My girls gobbled them up (no pun intended) they each ate 4! We served them with carrot rice as described in the magazine but I think it would be good with sesame ginger rice or cilantro lime rice too. Recipe says you can cook and freeze for up to 3 mos. Can also be made with ground pork (I used a mix of turkey and pork).
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb (I used whole wheat and some unsoaked panko)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground dark turkey meat (or a mix of both) or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork (or a mix of both)
- 3 scallions, sliced thin white and green parts seperated
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (preferably Siracha)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- lime wedge, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In medium bowl combine breadcrumbs and 3 tablespoons water. Let stand for 5 minutes. add turkey, scallion whites, cilantro, fish sauce, hot sauce, sugar, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Gently combine and from into 12 meatballs.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches brown meatballs on all sides, 10 minutes total (add oil as needed). Transfer to baking sheet and bake until cooked through (10 minutes). Serve meatballs with rice, scallion greens, anf lime wedges.