Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Trying to be healthy
Make and share this Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 566.99 g extra-lean ground turkey
- 453.59 g packagefrozen oriental mixed vegetables, thawed
- 78.07 ml reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce (I bought organic brand at Whole Foods cuz it has natural sugar and small amount of it)
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce (also bought at whole foods)
- 44.37 ml creamy peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter, no sugar)
- 29.58 ml minced fresh ginger, root (I do not like ginger so I skipped this ingredient but I'm sure it's good with it)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 boston lettuce leaves
- additional hoisin sauce (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Coarsely chop mixed vegetables; add to the pan. Stir in teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, vinegar and oil. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in onions. Place a 1/2 cup turkey mixture on each lettuce leaf; fold lettuce over filling. Serve with additional hoisin sauce, if desired.
This was a really good and filling meal. I was somewhat leery about using peanut butter because of a very bad experience with another Asian recipe that called for peanut butter, but this blended nicely with the other ingredients and was not overwhelming. The sauce is quite strong, so we only used about 3/4 of it in the recipe. I also used green leaf lettuce because the bibb lettuce at our local grocery store was wimpy and kind of yucky. It subbed well. We used an Asian veggie blend that consisted of carrots, green beans, water chestnuts, red pepper strips and noodles. It worked well. Thank you for posting. I think I finally have an Asian recipe that my entire family can enjoy!
This was quite good. I had never made lettuce wraps with peanut butter in the sauce ingredients but since I love peanut butter this was quite an added bonus. I used fresh vegetables instead of the frozen (pea pods, shredded carrots, onions, some red peppers and zucchini which I chopped up small). Other than that I followed your instructions. Made for Spring PAC 2011.