Deb Wolf's Note:
Not technically and Asain recipe, these burgers are low in fat and high in flavor. I serve them alongside my Almost Fat-free Asian Slaw. Note: the bun nutritionals are not included. I can't figure out how to get them in there...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 1/2 orange, juice of, fresh
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves (3 if they're small)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, to your taste (less (or more)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour (see preparation note below)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (Asian style)
- 1Wash the orange with dish soap and rinse well before grating the rind.
- 2Combine burger ingredients. NOTE: Depending on how juicy the orange is you will need to adjust the quantity of flour. Shape into 8 patties.
- 3Combine the sauce ingredients.
- 4Grill over indirect heat until well done (160F). Remember, this is poultry, it MUST be well done. Baste with sauce while they cook.
- 5Discard leftover basting sauce, as it may be contaminated with uncooked turkey.
- 6Spread buns with hoisin sauce, top with lettuce and serve.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 705.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, rind of
reduced-calorie hamburger buns