Recipe by lauralie41
Another great sounding burger from Favorite Brand Name Recipes website.
Top Review by loof
We thought these burgers were just terrific! Always looking for a way to pump up the healther-but-often-bland turkey burger and this recipe definitely fit the bill Left out the water chestnuts, otherwise made as directed. Couldn't quite bring myself to serve them with just lettuce so spread the bun with some spicy mustard and we really enjoyed these - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce, Asian, can use teriyaki baste & glaze sauce
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce, Frank's RedHot Original
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 sandwich buns
- shredded lettuce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, one cup french fried onions, egg, water chestnuts, bread crumbs, stir-fry sauce, Franks RedHot sauce and the ginger. Shape meat mixture into four patties.
- Broil patties six inches away from the heat source or grill over medium coals. Cook for 10 minutes or until burgers are no longer pink in the middle, turning only once.
- Serve on buns and top with the remaining onions and lettuce.