Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious, moist turkey burger
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, plus additional
- toasted sesame oil, for the pan
- 1 tablespoon finely minced gingerroot
- 2 -3 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, applesauce, hoisin and soy sauces, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, scallions and salt and pepper to taste. Form the meat into 6 patties. (May be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.).
- Lightly brush a grill pan or skillet with the sesame oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the patties and fry until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until the other side is golden and the turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bun. Serve immediately.
These turkey burgers are great! Very moist and so flavorful. I don't care for raw onions so left out the scallions, otherwise made as directed. Served simple, with spicy mustard and leafy lettuce. Delicious and healthy - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2011 event, recommended by Blue Rose
I took a chance on picking this recipe for Let's P-A-R-T-Y!
Wow did I pick a winner! We loved the flavor.
Because of how good they came out I chose to make another batch to freeze.