Posting for ZWT 6, so not tried by me yet. This is what the description states: This breezy salad from Bonnie Ann Bussiere-Bermeo of Sparks, Nevada has it all! Fresh tomatoes and pineapple add pretty color while balancing the zesty dressing. Topped with golden brown crispy wonton strips, every bite is full of flavor!!
- 1301.24 ml romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh pineapple, diced
- 44.37 ml onions, chopped (I would use green onion)
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 5 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, pineapple and onion; set aside. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil to 375°. Fry wonton strips, in batches, for 10-20 seconds or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle over salad.
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. While processing, gradually add olive oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a pitcher or bowl; serve with salad.