Posting for ZWT 6, so not tried by me yet. This is what the description states: This breezy salad from Bonnie Ann Bussiere-Bermeo of Sparks, Nevada has it all! Fresh tomatoes and pineapple add pretty color while balancing the zesty dressing. Topped with golden brown crispy wonton strips, every bite is full of flavor!!
- 5 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped (I would use green onion)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, pineapple and onion; set aside. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil to 375°. Fry wonton strips, in batches, for 10-20 seconds or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle over salad.
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. While processing, gradually add olive oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a pitcher or bowl; serve with salad.
How refreshing & tasty this salad is, especially with the home-grown (but not my me!) tomatoes & a fresh pineapple! Really liked the wontons on top, too, & will keep those in mind to add to other salads! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Since the beginning of ZWT #6 I've been either shopping, cooking, eating, learning or secretly fussing Asian everyday. Can anyone identify? Totally delicious!!!