Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from a popular magazine. Use Chinese Salad Dressing if you don't have a chinese dressing on hand.
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, fresh and prepared
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup asian-style dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl combine, lettuce,coleslaw mix (discard the salad packet) snap peas,carrots and red onion.
- In a small bowl combine, mayonnaise, salad dressing and honey.
- Whisk all together until smooth.
- Add dressing to the salad mixture and sprinkle with almonds.
- NOTE: For best results pour dressing over salad, (tossing lightly) right before you serve.
We really enjoyed the combination of romaine lettuce and the coleslaw to make this wonderful salad. I could not find fresh snap peas, so I left them out. I also could not find the ingredients to make the asian style dressing so used a different one. But it was similar to this so I think I can review this honestly. Thanks Marsha for a keeper.