Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nori sheets and tofu pockets can be purchased from the Asian supermarket.
- 2 sheets dried fresh seaweed (nori)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt, flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups short-grain rice, cooked
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 12 tofu pockets
- Toast seaweed sheets by placing under grill for 1-2 minutes. Cut each sheet into eigths, layer on top of each other and cut into thin strips.
- Place seaweed, seeds, salt and chilli in a processor bowl, process for a few seconds set aside.
- Place beaten eggs in a jug, pour half mixture into a lightly oil pan, let set 1-2 minutes. Tip out onto a flat surface and roll up and cut into thin strips. Repeat.
- Place warm rice, carrot, shallots, ginger and mirin in a bowl. Stir with fork to combine.
- Gently open pockets from the top edge, fill each with some rice mixture. Place some egg roll and a spoonful of seed mixture on top of each pocket.