Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Better than meat and has that oriental flavor to it too!
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 cups firm tofu, mashed
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, cooked
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 8x8 square baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside (an 8x8 pan makes a crisper loaf).
- Grind the sesame seeds into a coarse meal using a food processor or spice/coffee grinder. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix and mash together with garlic, tofu, corn flakes, oatmeal, pepper, and soy sauce, adding only as much liquid as needed to create a soft, moist loaf that holds together and is not runny (you may not need to add any liquid if the grains and protein are very moist). Add more binder/carbohydrate as needed if the loaf seems too wet.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out onto a plate or platter and slice.
- Serve with potatoes, vegetables, and vegetarian gravy, if desired.
I just recently made this and if was tasty. My fiance is a vegetarian and I am not so I have been searching for ideas to cook for him. I served this up with the vegetarian gravy and it was good. Thanks, Jeanie