Better than meat and has that oriental flavor to it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 8x8 square baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside (an 8x8 pan makes a crisper loaf).
- 2Grind the sesame seeds into a coarse meal using a food processor or spice/coffee grinder. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Mix and mash together with garlic, tofu, corn flakes, oatmeal, pepper, and soy sauce, adding only as much liquid as needed to create a soft, moist loaf that holds together and is not runny (you may not need to add any liquid if the grains and protein are very moist). Add more binder/carbohydrate as needed if the loaf seems too wet.
- 4Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- 5Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out onto a plate or platter and slice.
- 6Serve with potatoes, vegetables, and vegetarian gravy, if desired.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Tofu Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 153.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: