A Thai-influenced Japanese-style dish. See my "Asian Dipping Sauce" recipe for accompaniment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken in a plastic bag and add the sauces and the pepper. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate over night. A vacuum sealer will cause the sauces to penetrate more deeply but is not essential.
- 2Mix the egg yolk, 1 tbs flour, salt, and ice water to form a thick batter. Adjust wet or dry ingredient as necessary.
- 3Cut the chicken into ¾ inch strips three inches long.
- 4Dredge the chicken strips in the batter and then in the remaining flour.
- 5Put about an inch of oil in a wok and bring to high heat. Gently and carefully slide the chicken in and cook, undisturbed, for two minutes. Once again, gently and carefully, turn the chicken and cook for one more minute.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Tempura Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 223.0 mg
- Sodium 1840.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: