Chef #441346's Note:
This soup is typically served after dinner at Chinese restaurants. My mommy recently taught me how to make this.. I love it! If you like taro, this is for you! It's so creamy and just melts in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove skin from taro and cut into chunks (if using frozen taro, proceed to next step).
- 2Add taro to boiling water and cook until tender about 20 minutes for fresh and 5-7 minutes for frozen.
- 3Drain and mash until smooth or leave some chunky.
- 4In separate pot, add tapioca to boiling water. Boil for 5-6 minutes, turn off heat and cover for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Check tapioca after 10 minutes. Tapioca is done when it is translucent.
- 6Drain excess water.
- 7On low heat, add coconut milk to pot with taro.
- 8Stir mixture until taro had blended with milk and add tapioca.
- 9To sweeten, add sweetener of choice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Taro Tapioca Dessert Soup
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1355.0
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.5 g
- Saturated Fat 44.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 103.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g