Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adapted this reciped which was originally a single-serving , lunch dish, into a tasty and healthy family dinner. Feel free to add any types of vegetables and protein to this great dish!
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 6 cups bok choy (can substitute with shredded cabbage)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen asian-style vegetables (I used Birdseye Asian Steamed Vegetables)
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Cook spaghetti.
- While spaghetti is cooking, microwave frozen vegetables in order to defrost (about 3 minutes).
- Drain spaghetti.
- Combine all ingredients in the pot with the cooked spaghetti
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Since my last review I have made this recipe a few more times and I think I've perfected it (to my liking of course). I doubled the sauce mixture and don't use the bok choy on personal preference. The combo of the garlic/ginger/chilli/lime is truly refreshing and a great take on the flavours of Asia. Added to my recipe book!
This was sooo easy! I didn't have any w.w. spaghetti on hand so subbed linguini. I used fresh ground ginger root (I hope that that's the ground ginger you had in mind to use) and threw in both sliced green onions and some marinated baked tofu I had on hand. I also sprinkled on some mixed black and toasted white sesame seeds. Other than that, I used your suggested ingredients. This is a dish that my youngest daughter can throw together on her own for her night fixing dinner, so thanks for this one, SpringShoot!