Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
On a night when I had very little in the house I pieced this recipe together as a side dish to go with some Asian-style chicken. I used ground ginger, but I'm sure it would be even better with fresh. Not spicy despite the chili powder, but add more if you like things hotter. These are not very crispy like regular fries, but still made a nice side dish.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray baking dish.
- Arrange sweet potato pieces in baking dish.
- Mix soy sauce, ginger, chili powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.