Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vegan spread for vegetables and crackers
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄8 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon mirin (sweet rice wine vinegar)
- Soak sunflower seeds overnight or minimum 2 hours.
- Process all ingredients in food processor till a smooth paste forms.
- Add more lemon, soy or vinegar until achieve desired consistency.
It was okay, it combined different flavors, but not necessarily in a good way. I would leave out the garlic or soy sauce next time.