Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on the Safeway website. It was listed as an appetizer recipe, but I think it could easily be served as a side dish, too.
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 drops chili oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven broiler, and move rack to top position.
- Place the snap peas in a baking dish, and drizzle olive oil and toss to coat. Spread the snap peas in a single layer.
- Broil the snap peas about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, chili oil, brown sugar, and sesame seeds in a large bowl. When snap peas are removed from the oven, toss them immediately with the sauce.
I used home grown snap peas and green peas, tossed crushed garlic with the oil, used hot sesame oil, cut back on the soy using 1 1/2 teaspoons. Thanks! Made for ZWT6.
Delicious, quick and easy. I grated some garlic and mixed it with oil instead of using infused. I would use a little less oil next time. These were not only tasty, but they looked great. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
These were delicious!