Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead the salad needs to chill for about 2 hours before serving. This will serve 3-4 people but can easily be doubled
Top Review by Saeriu
Made this for a family birthday party and it turned out wonderful! I brought left overs to work and they dissappeared very quickly. I gave the recipe to 2 co-workers. I made the recipe exactly as written except my grocery store didn't have snow peas so I used frozen sugar snap. Still wonderful. I cooked the chicken in a little sesame oil, garlic and lemon juice. I'll definitely make it again in the future, but maybe next time around add a little fresh grated ginger to kick it up a little. Thanks for posting this recipe! Saeriu
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (or use turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced water chestnuts (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh snow peas (lightly steamed, or use frozen thawed)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup crispy chow mein noodles (optional or to taste)
- green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing; whisk all ingredients together until the sugar is completey dissolved; let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes to blend flavors (or chill overnight) before using.
- For the salad; Place the cooked wild rice, cooked chicken or turkey, water chestnuts, chopped onion, celery and snow peas in a large glass salad bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over; toss to combine well and chill for about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, toss again and season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with crispy noodles and green onions.