- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 whole-grain hambuger buns, split and toasted
- tomatoes, slices
- Preheat greased barbecue grill to med-high.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, garlic, onion, bell pepper, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 equal patties, about ¾ inch thick.
- Place patties on preheated grill, close lid and grill, turning once, for 6-8 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Place buns on a work surface.
- Top with burgers, desired toppings and remaining buns.