From Chef Bobo's Good Food Cookbook.
Make and share this Asian Style Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon soy margarine
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, scallions, bread crumbs, 2 TB of cilantro, 1 TB of the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide turkey mixture into 8 equal portion . Shape into patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 4 of the patties and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn patties over and cook another 8 minutes or until done (165 degrees F). Repeat with remaining 4 patties. Keep the first batch warm in a warm oven.
- For the sauce, in a small saucepan combine orange juice, lemon juice, and the remaining 1 TB soy sauce. Let bubble until reduced by half. Whisk in the butter and the remaining 1 TB cilantro. Pour over burgers.
So good! I made this exactly as stated except I served it on light bread and may of made the patties thinner than stated as I got 10 patties out of this. Next time I will eat this with a pineapple ontop as I think the flavor of pineapple would go well with this. Thanks redsie for a super way to have a turkey burger. Made for photo tag.
Loved these turkey burgers and the sauce! I dont care for cilantro so I used parsley and a tablespoon of butter. Great asian flavors paired with the citrus sauce, so good. I served these burgers with teriyaki flavored noodles and steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
I made this because I look for ways to use ground turkey. I have a turkey burger recipe I like, but DS is not that fond of it. This went together quickly for a week day evening meal, served with a side of chicken fried rice and fresh asparagus. DS liked it and it is likely something I will make again. Savory flavors. The cilantro is a nice touch. Don't be tempted to omit the sauce; it's great. I grilled them on my George Foreman grill and poured the sauce over the finished burgers.