1/1 Photo of Asian Style Turkey Burgers
From Chef Bobo's Good Food Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon soy margarine
- 1In a bowl, combine ground turkey, scallions, bread crumbs, 2 TB of cilantro, 1 TB of the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 2Divide turkey mixture into 8 equal portion . Shape into patties.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 4 of the patties and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Turn patties over and cook another 8 minutes or until done (165 degrees F). Repeat with remaining 4 patties. Keep the first batch warm in a warm oven.
- 4For the sauce, in a small saucepan combine orange juice, lemon juice, and the remaining 1 TB soy sauce. Let bubble until reduced by half. Whisk in the butter and the remaining 1 TB cilantro. Pour over burgers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 352.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g