Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
a tasty dish bursting with flavour from the bbc
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and shredded
- 1 lime, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges
- 250 g firm tofu, drained
- 2 sheets medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled into ribbon
- 1 tablespoon toasted peanuts, crushed
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger and lime juice in a dish, then add the drained and pressed tofu. Leave to marinate for 5 mins or longer if you are new to tofu, turning once. Boil the noodles for 4 mins, or according to pack instructions, then drain and cool.
- Dry the tofu on kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry tofu for 3 mins on each side until golden. Cut into cubes.
- To serve, mix the noodles, chilli, cucumber, tofu and the marinade in a bowl. Toss, then serve with lime wedges and peanuts.
This is really nice and light. Great flavors. Followed the recipe exactly. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.