Recipe by KitchenManiac
Modified a tiramisu recipe making it a fusion of east meets west. Been greeted with strong Yummy comments from friends that have tried it. Cooking time includes refridgerating (minimum) time.
For the cream cheese layer
- 250 g cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
For the chocolate sponge
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 cup strong white coffee
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 25 g powdered sugar
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 50 g chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese and whipping cream to a smooth consistency.
- Then beat in the Kahlua.
- Brush the top of the ladysfinger with the coffee and brandy mixture.
- Lay half the packet of the soaked ladysfinger on a flat, rectangular tray and top with half the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle on half the coconut flakes.
- Top this with the other half of the ladysfinger.
- Spread on the rest of the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle on the coconut flakes.
- Dust with the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Serve with some chocolate shavings (optional).