1/3 Photos of Asian Style Stuffed Pork Loin
1 hr 10 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
This was an experiment that turned out really well, I had a pork loin I wanted to use up and wanted to create something a little bit different than how I usually stuff my pork loins. I had most of these ingredients on hand and had to use a lot up, so this is what I decided to do with them. I think it turned out very well with the pork being tender and juicy and the sauce poured over at the end was a nice touch. I served mine over stir-fried vegetables, but you could also serve this with noodles or steamed rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 celery rib, halved and chopped finely
- 1 large shallot, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30 g butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 6 dried apricots, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken stock
- 50 ml boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 50 ml orange juice
- 50 ml honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
Finishing sauce once pork is cooked
- 1Cut pork loin through the center length ways being careful not cut all the way through. Open out using a meat mallet pound pork until of equal thickness.
- 2Stuffing --
- 3Melt butter in a pan, add celery, shallot and garlic, cook until onion softens, add apricots, sage, breadcrumbs, mix to combine, add stock to boiling water to dissolve, pour into bread crumb mix and stir to thoroughly combine.
- 4Spoon stuffing over one half of the pork and press mixture down, fold the other half over the top, secure with kitchen at regular intervals, place in an oven proof dish.
- 5Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 40 Min's.
- 6In a saucepan combine sauce ingredients and stir until honey mixes, during the last 20 Min's of the pork's cooking time pour the sauce over loin.
- 7Remove loin and wrap in foil to keep warm, pour juices from pad into a saucepan, add the extra hoisin and water, bring to the boil, mix a little water with the cornflour and add to sauce, stir until mixture thickens, serve over pork.
- 8To Serve: Slice pork thickly and serve over stir-fried veg, drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Stuffed Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 2243.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 59.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: