1/7 Photos of Asian Style Savory Baked Tofu
1 hr 15 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This was absolutely delicious! It will make a tofu lover out of you yet (I hope!). I let my tofu sit overnight in the marinade, and then baked it, and I thought it turned out great. As I describe below, be sure to really "press" the excess liquid out of your tofu to ensure that it absorbs the marinade. Don't be afraid to put something really heavy on it to draw out the moisture. Cast iron pan works great! Source: Sunday Moosewood cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili paste, to taste (optional)
- 1For best results, tofu should be "pressed" in order to remove excess liquid and absorb the flavors of the marinade.
- 2Press tofu block between two plates, weighted down with a cast iron pan, large bowl of water, or heavy cans, for about 30 minutes.
- 3Halfway through, you may dump the plate of water and flip the tofu block.
- 4To make marinade, simply whisk together the ingredients in a bowl.
- 5After tofu is pressed, cut the block into small cubes or triangles.
- 6Place pieces of tofu into baking dish, and cover with the marinade.
- 7The tofu can sit overnight in the marinade, or can be prepared right away.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 9Bake tofu about 35-45 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 10Tofu can be eaten by itself, or added to stir-frys, salads, soups or sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Savory Baked Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 513.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g