Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our delectable version of fried rice replaces the oil found in other recipes with flavorful chicken broth and just a touch of cooking spray, resulting in a restaurant-style dish right in your own kitchen. From Recipe.com
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 green onions, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- cooking spray
- Spray a 10" nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat for 1 minute over medium heat. Add the egg and cook until it's set. Remove the egg from the skillet.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and spray it with cooking spray. Add the rice and cook until it's browned, stirring often.
- Stir the broth, soy, garlic, ginger and carrot in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir the onions and peas in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until they're tender.
- Stir in the egg and heat through.