Plan ahead--the pork needs to marinade for 8 hours before cooking. You can really slice the pork to whatever size desired, but the cooking time will need to be adjusted. Pork tenderloin will work well with this, but you can use any cut of boneless pork desired. This makes a great sandwich!
- 2 lbs pork (sliced into about 1/4 - 1/2-inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the pork strips; mix until blended.
- Add in the pork strips and toss to coat with the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and dry the strips with paper towels (if using fresh garlic, make certain that no fresh garlic or green onions remain on the slices or they will burn while cooking).
- Place on a single layer in a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the pork is just tender and lightly browned (cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the strips).