Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 6 quail
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 240C degrees /475F degrees .
- Rinse quail, then dry them well with kitchen paper and rub each one inside and out with a little salt.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Rub each of the quail inside and out with this sauce.
- Put the quails in a small roasting pan and put them into the oven for 5 minutes. Then turn the heat down to 180C degrees /350F degrees and continue to roast the birds for another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave them there for another 5 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them rest for another 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the quails whole or joint into breast and legs.
- Arrange on a warm platter.