1/1 Photo of Asian-Style Pumpkin Soup.
A bit of a twist on the traditional Pumpkin soup. Another ww one. 4 pts per serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 kg pumpkin, kent, peeled coarsely chopped
- 1 liter chicken stock, made by using stock cubes (4cups)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (125ml)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 40 g snow pea sprouts, trimmed, to serve
- 1 cup Thai basil, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 mins or until softened.
- 3Add the pumpkin and stock and bring to the oil.
- 4Reduce heat to low.
- 5Simmer for 25 mins or until tender.
- 6Using a wand blender or a food processor, puree the pumpkin mixture.
- 7Return to pan over low heat.
- 8Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lemon juice, chili sauce and sugar.
- 9Cook, stirring for 2 mins or until combined and heated through.
- 10Ladle into warmed bowls and top with snow pea spouts and basil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Style Pumpkin Soup.
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 1113.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
sweet chili sauce
snow pea sprouts