Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy recipe that is a little different. It's adapted from a community cookbook.
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces dry fettuccine
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar snap pea (strings and tips removed)
- 8 ounces whole baby carrots
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- green onion, strips (optional)
- In a small bowl combine dried mushrooms and 1 cup warm water; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms, squeezing out excess liquid; reserve liquid. Slice mushroom caps; discard stems. Stir cornstarch into reserved mushroom liquid.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a bowl stir together the chicken, sherry, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic; set aside.
- Lightly coat a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry sugar snap peas and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green onions and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Remove vegetables from wok and set aside.
- Add chicken mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Push chicken from center of wok. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok. Add mushrooms and pasta. Stir to coat with sauce.
- Stir for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with green onion if desired.