Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great summer grill dish! Serve with rice on the side. This is very easy to make- the hardest part is finding the Asian Five Spice, but a lot of grocery stores carry it
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs pork, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple, cut into cubes
- 12 ounces whole mushrooms, fresh
- asian five-spice powder, sprinkled to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil flavored nonstick cooking spray
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes, or start with metal skewers.
- Put pork together on skewers.
- Mix mushrooms, pineapple and green peppers on skewers.
- Spray all skewers with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle all skewers with Five Spice.
- Refrigerate while heating grill.
- While grill is heating, mix baste of balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil.
- Cook skewers for 5 minutes on medium heat grill (direct heat).
- Then cover with baste on that side and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Turn all skewers and cook for 5 minutes and then baste.
- Continue turning and basting until cooked throughout, being careful not to burn the veggies.
- Serve with rice.