Recipe by JustJanS
I bought a bag of duck legs recently. There were 10 of them in a 2kg bag, all beautifully trimmed and ready to cook. Normal eaters might eat one each but we ate two and our son ate 3 of them!
Top Review by Outta Here
This marinade is wonderful! I subbed dry white wine and a tsp. of ground ginger for the ginger wine ( I will have to take a trip to the Asian market to find that!) I used duck leg quarters (leg and thigh). This marinade would be good on chicken thighs, also, and maybe on pork! This is going into my marinade collection! Thanks for posting.
- 2 kg duck legs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons green ginger wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate duck in remaining ingredients for about 8 hours (from the morning until dinner time is good). Turn occasionally through the day.
- Heat oven to 160c/330f.
- Remove the duck from the marinade and lay on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours or until very tender.
- You may need to pour off the fat a couple of times during the cooking time.
- I served our duck on rice with Oriental Noodle Salad.