Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great on a grilled tuna burger or on grilled steak.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion (Vidalia or Maui)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped fine
- Place sesame seeds in a heavy skillet. Stir over medium heat until golden light in colour. This takes about two minutes. Cool.
- Whisk the lime juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, crushed pepper flakes in a bowl to blend.
- Add the small diced sweet onion, green onion, red bell pepper and sesame seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill. Can make one hour ahead.