Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a moist great tasting meatloaf. Leftovers make great sandwiches.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3 slices bread, broken up into small pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees In a large bowl mix together the beef, pork, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, and celery.
- Season with 3 tbsp soy sauce, ginger, and 2 tbsp hoisin sauce.
- Pat mixture into a shallow 2 quart baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Drain grease from pan.
- In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup hoisin with 2 tbsp ketchup.
- Spread over top of meatloaf.
- Continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
Oh wow, this was really good. I always find meatloaf a bit blah. Not so with this one. It was great so moist and easy to prepare. I will definetly make it again. Thanks for posting.
Very Salty! Watch the Soy Sauce...you can put only 1 or 2 Tablespoons!