Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This is a Weight Watchers recipe that my family has enjoyed several times. Works just fine with all ground beef. Feel free to jazz up the spices if you like a little kick to your Asian cuisine.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
This was very good! I made my own hoisin sauce, and also dipped the finished product in the hoisin as well. If you don't plan on dipping in something, then you should really triple the sauce ingredients so it's not so dry. Oh didn't have the carrots and served with some julienned radishes on top for some crunch. Yummy!!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili paste, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat. Cook onion, garlic, pork and beef, stirring, until meat is browned. Add carrot and cook until soft.
- Add soy, oyster and hoisin sauces and chili paste, stir and reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bean sprouts just before serving. Divide meat between lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll lettuce leaves and enjoy.