Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Weight Watchers recipe that my family has enjoyed several times. Works just fine with all ground beef. Feel free to jazz up the spices if you like a little kick to your Asian cuisine.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili paste, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat. Cook onion, garlic, pork and beef, stirring, until meat is browned. Add carrot and cook until soft.
- Add soy, oyster and hoisin sauces and chili paste, stir and reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bean sprouts just before serving. Divide meat between lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll lettuce leaves and enjoy.
This was very good! I made my own hoisin sauce, and also dipped the finished product in the hoisin as well. If you don't plan on dipping in something, then you should really triple the sauce ingredients so it's not so dry. Oh didn't have the carrots and served with some julienned radishes on top for some crunch. Yummy!!
Hubby and I loved these...I found some cute baby romaine lettuce...went on a hunt for a nice recipe to use them in...this was the winning recipe...I'm so glad I found it...with those little leaves...there was no mess...the flavors mixed well together...in fact...and this isn't said often...hubby said can you make these again...so that's makes this a keeper in my book...thanks for posting this delicious recipe...btw...I couldn't find fresh bean sprouts...due to health reason...so I used canned...with that said we missed the added crunch that they would have brought to the dish...but still the flavor wasn't impacted...this recipe is going into my best of cookbook...:)
Fun and messy. Great for outdoor parties. I made this adding some leftover broccoli and water chestnuts. Made for ZWT 6 Thanks!