Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Weight Watchers recipe that my family has enjoyed several times. Works just fine with all ground beef. Feel free to jazz up the spices if you like a little kick to your Asian cuisine.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili paste, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat. Cook onion, garlic, pork and beef, stirring, until meat is browned. Add carrot and cook until soft.
- Add soy, oyster and hoisin sauces and chili paste, stir and reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bean sprouts just before serving. Divide meat between lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll lettuce leaves and enjoy.
Hubby and I loved these...I found some cute baby romaine lettuce...went on a hunt for a nice recipe to use them in...this was the winning recipe...I'm so glad I found it...with those little leaves...there was no mess...the flavors mixed well together...in fact...and this isn't said often...hubby said can you make these again...so that's makes this a keeper in my book...thanks for posting this delicious recipe...btw...I couldn't find fresh bean sprouts...due to health reason...so I used canned...with that said we missed the added crunch that they would have brought to the dish...but still the flavor wasn't impacted...this recipe is going into my best of cookbook...:)
Fun and messy. Great for outdoor parties. I made this adding some leftover broccoli and water chestnuts. Made for ZWT 6 Thanks!
These were very good. Messy but yummy. I added 1/2 c of sliced mushrooms to the mixture. And made it with ground turkey, instead of beef. I think I might need a lesson in rolling a lettuce wrap.